Copyright and Trademarks
All content and design of this website is protected by copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights and is the property of © Christo & Co or issued under license from third party copyright owners. You may print or download such material in electronic form on your local hard drive for your personal and non-commercial use. You may not alter or otherwise make any changes to any material that you print or download including, without limitation, removing any copyright or proprietary notices. All other uses are prohibited including, without limitation, distributing, reproducing, modifying, copying or using for commercial purposes any of the materials or contents of this site. The license to copy also does not permit incorporation of the content or any part of the website in any other work or publication in any form whatsoever.
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as: “any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
The Directors and management of Christo & Co are committed to compliance with all relevant EU and Member State laws in respect of personal data, and the protection of the “rights and freedoms” of individuals whose information Christo & Co collects and processes in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
What information may we collect about you?
If you are purchasing, renting, selling or letting a property through Christo & Co, we collect and use your personal data in order for us to provide you with our services. The personal data we collect and use may include
- Identity Data (name, marital status, title, date of birth, gender, proof of address)
- Contact details
- Proof of address
- Bank details
- Marketing and Communications Data (your marketing preferences from us and our third parties and your communications preferences)
- In addition, should you be looking to rent or buy a property through Christo & Co, we may also require the following:
- Details of Employment Status
- Financial information, for example about your income and capital resources.
Usually we will have received this directly from you. However, we may also receive personal data about you from others, such as from the other party to a transaction you are engaged in or from joint agents. Family members also sometimes provide information about each other.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us. You can ask us to rectify or update your personal information at any time by email to [email protected] or by writing to The Data Protection Officer, Christo & Co 66 – 70 Parkway, London NW1 7AH.
How we collect data from you
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including the following:
You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- apply for our services
- request marketing to be sent to you
- contact us through social media
- walk-in to or telephone our branch
- give us some feedback.
Information we receive from other source
- We may receive information about you if you visit any other websites which we operate or use any services which we provide. Such as;
- Property portals: Rightmove, Estates Gazette, EGi, Property Link, Costar
- We are also working with third parties (including, for example, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
- Information provided by other companies who have obtained your permission to share information about you.
How we use your information
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we have collected it.
- To contact you
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services which you request from us
- To provide you with information about other goods and services that we offer.
- To assist us in the improvement and optimisation of advertising, marketing material and content, our services and the website (including, without limitation, via third parties)
- To notify you about changes to our service
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer
- To verify your identity
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure and to prevent or detect fraud
- To provide customer support
- To comply with the requirements imposed by law or any court order.
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others and to deliver advertising to you and others (including via selected third parties)
Will we share your information?
We may share your information with selected third parties including but not limited to:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors, for the performance of any contract we enter with them or with you;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site and services.
You have the right to withdraw consent for us to process your information and for its use for marketing purposes. You have the right to withdraw consent for us to process your information at any time.
You have the right to withdraw consent for us to pass your information to third parties for marketing purposes. This will result in us ceasing to offer the goods and services to you.
If you no longer wish to be contacted by third parties for marketing purposes, please follow the instructions in their marketing communications, or consult their privacy policies about how to unsubscribe from their communications.
If you are a prospective tenant, we may pass on references about you to the landlord.
We may inform utility companies via a third party of changes in the occupiers of property.
We may pass on information to maintenance and repair contractors, in respect of property where we have responsibilities.
We may need to pass on information to those who help collect outstanding accounts. In addition our practice may be audited or checked by third parties such as our accountants, which may enable them to see some information about you. Such third parties are required to maintain confidentiality in relation to your information.
Access to Your Information
You have rights to the following information:
- The purpose(s) for which we are processing your information;
- The categories of personal information we hold about you;
- The recipients or categories of recipient to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed;
- The period for which we will store your information; or the criteria used to determine that period;
You have the following additional rights:
- To a copy of the information we hold about you. You can ask us to send this to you or direct to a third party and in commonly used electronic form;
- To rectification or restriction of the way in which we are processing your information; or to object to us processing it;
- To erasure of your personal information provided it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected; or where there is no legal basis for Christo & Co processing it.
- Where we have collected information about you from sources other than yourself, information about those sources;
- To ask us whether any decisions are being taken about you by automated means and if this is happening; information about the logic involved and any significant consequences on you.
You can exercise any of these rights at any time by writing to the Data Protection Officer- Christo & Co, 66- 70 Parkway, London NW1 7AH or by emailing [email protected] . We may charge a reasonable fee to cover our administrative costs.
The people responsible for data protection at this organisation and whom you should contact are:
Mark Forrester – Head of Property Management – [email protected] and
Mert Seyhan – Head of Retail Agency – [email protected]